I cooked this twice last week, with a slight modifications. The first one was on Thursday & the second one was on Friday. The I cooked on Thusrday was for my husband and the Friday spaghetti was specially made for my dearest piranhas in Klang. The ingredients for both spaghetti were slightly differed. Why? Because I used whatever I had during that time. Since the first time I cooked was at my in laws' house and the second time was at my parents', surely the ingredients were different.
Okey. Here's how I cooked it...Please bear in mind that this is not the original traditional spaghetti bolognese...Hahaha...I have it 'diMELAYUkan'...
|My Bolognese Sauce-My husband loves button mushroom|
|The spaghetti (I tried to 'landscape' this photo, but when uploaded, it turned this way...so I just leave it)|
1 packet spaghetti (400 g)
2 packets minced beef (I used Ramli's, 250g each)
2 cans of button mushroom - sliced/diced
5 cloves of garlic - chopped
5 onions - chopped
A carrot - diced
A quarter capsicum - diced
3 tomatoes - diced
2 cans of Prego (Traditional)
1 spoonful chili paste
Bring the water to a boil, add salt and oil. Put the spaghetti into the boiling water. You can bend them around the saucepan once they have been in the boiling water for a couple of seconds.Taste the spaghetti after the recommended cooking time is over. When the spaghetti are to your liking, pour into a colander and rinse under water to cool it down.
- Heat two spoonful oil in a large saucepan. Add in chopped onions and garlic and cook until they turn brown.
- Add in minced beef. Fry the onions, garlic and beef until nice and crumbly.
- Add in chili paste and Prego. Add diced carrots, tomatoes, capsicum and button mushroom.
- Add half cup of water and let it simmer on low heat for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Stir occasionally. Season it with salt and black pepper according to your liking.
- The sauce is ready when it has reduced, thickened and blend together.